Sunday, October 7, 2012

Disturbed

It's been a week since I was targeted by a ethereal creature named Slender-Man. I also learned that their is an entire pantheon of these things. Creatures like The Rake, The Blind Man. The Black Dog and hell of lot more.

The Fears. Physical manifestations of what go bump in the night. Muzen's grandfather explained everything to me. Most of the time my mouth hanged open completely stupefied  by what I was hearing. They lurk inside your nightmares and strike when your at your most vulnerable. It would of been hard to believe any of it if i hadn't seen it for myself.

It was Tuesday and fresh light beamed through the window in the guest room. The sounds of birds chirping soothed me a little, almost made me forget I was being hunted by a monster. The entire situation troubled me relentlessly. The past few nights I've been having nightmares of being chased. I knew by what, but it was scary nonetheless. I also lost my appetite, nothing seemed to interest me or my stomach. I felt horrible.

A knock came at the door. "Josh, you up?"

It was Tasha. With my leg still broken making it around is bitch. So every morning Tasha helps me get out of bed.

"Yeah I'm up come on in." I answered re-positioning myself to help her out some. She opened the door and walked in. The first thing I always notice about Tasha is her hair. It's so long and luxurious, always smelling of peaches or some other type of fruit.

I like fruit.

"How did you sleep."

I slept terrible but I didn't want to tell her that. The whole household was worried about me even Muzen.

"It was better."

"Still having nightmares." She asked sitting next to me.God she smelled good. I turned my head trying not stare.

"Yeah."

She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled, "You'll be ok, you'll get through this."

I wanted to believe her I did but......

"I have a question."

"Ok then shoot."

I looked down into my lap, "How many people have actually gotten through this, I mean he took my friend without batting an eye what's the chances of me surviving."

She bent down and looked me right in the face.

"I'm not going to lie to you the chances of surviving is...very slim but that's why you have us." she smiled.

By us she meant the Agents. A secret order created back when Slendy was called Der Ritter. Back when he first waddled his way onto the scene. They've been battling him and his groupies The Proxies for centuries. Then without notice more Fears started showing up, rearing their ugly heads from out of the shadows.

"Thanks." I said forcing a smile.

"Good now let's get you out of bed."she giggled slapping me on my cast.

We made it to the kitchen. The entire family was in there. Muzen, his grandfather, two younger siblings and a dog. The smell of bacon and eggs was intoxicating, it made my mouth water something vicious.

"Josh how nice of you to join us take a seat have a plate two." howled the grandfather. He looked to be in his late fifty's but moved like a man just out of his twenties. I guess you would have to be in tip top shape to battle demons and such. His hair was a bright shade of gray and shoulder length.

Tasha helped me into my chair. Muzen was sitting at the end of the table stuffing his face with bacon.

"Geez Muzen the bacon's not going anywhere." I scoffed.

"Yeah so you say." Muzen said still throwing bacon in his mouth.

We all laughed. It was good to have some fun.

The younger siblings named Ronny and Molly jumped in the seats next to me. Just like i suspected they were around my age. Ronny was 14 and Molly was 13. Ronny had glasses like huge glasses. Just like Tasha his hair was red but really curly. Molly had to be the strangest one out of everyone. Since I've been here their have been three consecutive times she's stared off into oblivion.Creeps me right the fuck out. Also unlike most of the people in her family her hair was blond.

"So Josh how's the leg man." Ronny squeaked.

"Ugh it's better can't wait to get this cast off."

We laughed again. Man laughing felt like a blessing right now, because you never when it's going to be your last.

"Granddad, their here." whispered Molly.

She was doing that staring thing again.

"How many."

"Five I sense another presence but I can't get a fix on it."

"Muzen!"

"I'm on it."

Muzen threw the chair back and ran into the other room.

"Who's here, is it Slendy." I asked getting a little scared.

"Proxies a whole squad of them, they must have followed you the night you got here." explained the granddad.

"I thought they couldn't follow us." I said.

"That's the problem with Spacial Transport it can be tracked."

"Oh that's great." I said slumping back into my chair

"Tasha take Josh and Molly back in the room, seal the door, Ronny your with me." Muzen said walking back into the kitchen. He had a hunting rifle in his hand.

We ran into the back room, well I wobbled, but we made it. Tasha helped me onto the bed and went back to the door. Molly sat next to me still staring off. Tasha closed the door and began digging in her pocket. Oh boy here comes the chalk.

She started writing strange markings around the door frame. When a marking was finished it glowed a bright red. Stepping back from the door she began chanting. With every word spoken the markings began glowing brighter and brighter.

"Seal Number 36: Lockdown." she voiced loudly. There was a loud boom and then the markings began to dim.

"Were safe." Tasha said sitting into a rocking chair.

"Yeah but for how long?"

Their was silence. Since their was silence I knew that their was no answer.

God Dammit.



No comments:

Post a Comment