Thursday, October 4, 2012

Twirl Up Pt 2

I was frozen in my chair for hours just staring at the spot where Sam once sat.

My brain couldn't even register what just happened. What the hell was that thing? What did it do with Sam?
Will it come back?

FUCK THAT. I gathered the strength needed to get out that chair and I bolted out of my own house. There was no destination, I just had to get away. I ran past the schoolyard, ran past the the courthouse, ran past the train tracks at the edge of town.

I just ran.

Finally I decided to take a break by a creek. Despite the obvious toxicity of the water I splashed some on my face. The image of that thing replayed itself over and over in my head. How could something like that even exist.

The sun started to go down. I checked my watch it was 7:00 on the dot. I had to get home soon, but I kind of didn't want too.

The walk back was horrible. I felt sluggish and completely disoriented.

"Hey, kid " a voice blurted from nowhere.

I jumped out skin and began haul-assing it toward a nearby diner. I could call my parents from there.

Busting into the door of the diner I almost fell flat on my face. All eyes were on me.

"You ok sonny?" asked the old man behind the counter.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is there a phone?"

The man pointed to the far back of the diner. I found the payphone behind a tower of cardboard boxes and milk crates. The smell of fish was rampant it almost made me hurl. I dug in my pockets to search for any type   of change. A dime..awesome. I picked up the phone and dialed my home phone. It rang only once.

"Hello"

There was silence.

"Hello mom, dad."

A low rumble was in the background.

"I said hello." getting a little frustrated.

"Josh." a voice said.

"Who's this." I muttered. I started to get scared.

Whoever it was started laughing and immediately hung up.

I slammed the phone on the hook and made my way back to front. Then something grabbed me and pulled back into the shadows. I tried to struggle but they were strong.

"Stop struggling you idiot I'm trying to help ."

"What do you mean help?"

I was let go.

The person stepped into the light. It was kid no older than 17. His hair was messy and long. He had a weird demeanor about him I just couldn't get what.

"Who are you?"

"My names Muzen ."

"Muzen.....that's different."

"Yeah whatever look your in danger like life threatening danger. "

",,,,,,Just great."

1 comment:

  1. The thing you saw is dangerous, and the phone call is troubling. I don't know if you can trust this new guy, but he might be your best shot at safety. Whatever you do, keep your guard up, and if anything happens, run for it. Don't fight back, just run.

    ReplyDelete