Monday, March 9, 2015

Confrontation

The suspense was killing me. Muzen, Ronny, and their grandfather went to confront the five Proxies outside.

"I can't just sit here." I blurted.

"What do you expect to do, you have no training , and your leg is broken. Don't be stupid Josh." said Tasha with a very serious tone.

"Then train me, this thing is after me and I'm not just going let it take me, not without a fight." I grunted

She smiled. She must of liked my enthusiasm.

"Fine I'll train you but after your leg gets better."

"Awesome." I yelled throwing my fist in the air with  such force my joints cracked.

"Guys I don't mean to interrupt your little whatever but the guys are in big trouble. I figured out what that other presence was, it's The Rake." whispered Molly.

"A Fear, here at the safe house don't you guys have like a barrier of something."

"Well yeah but they must of found way to get past it."

Great they just find ways to get in.

"I gotta warn the guys, you two stay here the seal will keep anything from getting in."

Tasha gets up and runs out into the hallway.

I feel so useless. Their out there fighting to keep me safe and the only thing I can do is sit here.

"Josh."

"Yeah."

"You want to help my brothers and my sister don't you."

"Yeah I do but theirs nothing I can do."

"Their is."

She held out her hand and placed on my cast.

"What are you doing." i asked.

"Helping you help them."

A white light started to glow right where her hand was. My leg started to burn.

"Ow what are you doing."

A loud crack echoed through the room.

"Their your leg is healed only temporarily now go help them."

My leg it was better, she healed me but how. I stood up but this time no pain no aches or anything. I ripped the cast off and threw in the corner.

"Thanks Molly but what do I do now "

"My grandfather keeps the guns in the cabinet in the living room, go!" she ordered.

I felt awesome, my leg was fixed and now I'm ready for action. I pulled open the door to the gun cabinet. Holy shit!! There was guns out the anal man. Big guns small guns long guns short guns. I felt like Rambo. Their was a riot shotgun that had my name on it. I grabbed it and made my way to the door.

The sun was so bright I had to shield my eyes. When my eyes finally adjusted I could see that their was no one out here. No Muzen, no Ronny, no Proxies, no nothing. I walked to the end of a dirt path to get a better look. That's when I saw them run off into a nearby tree line.

"Hey guys wait up."

I ran as fast as I could to catch up.

The brush was thick leaving only a few feet of vision in any direction.

Walking deeper into the forest I shouted out to them, "Hey guys where are you."

Gun shots rang out deeper in the forest. Their in trouble I gotta move fast.

Branches whipped me in my face as I trekked through underbrush, overbrush, or whatever you call it. A clearing was in the distance that must be where they are. The gun was heavy in my hands I struggled just to hold it.

I was getting closer, the clearing was just a few yards away. But then I felt it.

That overwhelming sense of impending doom. That only meant one thing....A Fear was close by.

I stopped and spun in a circle surveying my surroundings. There was nothing, but I couldn't shake the feeling.

I did another quick twirl, the gun at eye level. I've played enough video games to understand the concept ; point and shoot.

The feeling started to become more intense, my head began to spin, my vision blurred in and out, and then I heard a voice. I immediately knew who it was.

I turned to face the source and was surprised to see...just a man.

Just some guy. He was wearing a suit very reminiscent of Slendy's, except it seemed loose fitting like he just shed a few pounds.

His hair was black, no red, green. It seemed with every blinking of my eye it changed colors.

But the strangest thing about him was his smile, it was unsettling wide as if it wasn't attached to his face.

I stepped back, placing my finger firmly on the trigger absolutely ready to blow this asshole away.

"So...your Purpose I'm guessing". I asked trying not sound scared which I definitely was.

"I could be". He answered.

His voice reveberated in my head giving me an instant headache. My legs felt like jello, I was gonna collapse at any second.

"What the hell do you want from me". I asked my words sounding drowned out and distant.

"I want what all Fears want...understanding".

His hair started changing colors more quickly, his smile grew to unholy proportions, the corners of his mouth jetting away from his face.

"Please stop"!! I begged him. I fell to my knees in anguish. Just looking at him caused immense pain.

"I'll never stop Josh, this is only the beginning, the game hasn't even begun yet."

He let out a laugh that boomed in my ears. I began to roll on the ground, clasping my hands to my ears.

For a split moment I began thinking about Sam. Is this what he went through?

I started to give up. I wanted it to end. Tasha was right there's nothing I could I do. For all I know Muzen and the others could be dead. All because of me.

"JOSH you idiot"!

That voice, even above Purposes booming laughter  I could hear it.

It was Tasha.

Suddenly the laughing stopped.

"What are you doing out here, how are you even walking, did Molly do this, why are you on the ground?"

"Let me guess you didn't see him," I asked trying to stand up but still very weak from that sensory overload.

"See who, was it the Rake?" She inquired while helping me back on my feet.

"No it was Purpose, the one from the phone call, the one who killed my parents."

My head began to clear and the only emotion I could feel was anger.

"Where's Muzen and the others."

"I don't know, we ran into a few Proxies and got separated."

"Well we gotta find them." I said picking up tbe shotgun trying to be as badass as possible.

Tasha looked at me and smiled. I guess it worked.

"Ok if your going to help I need you to do exactly what I say. Proxies won't hesitate to kill you. You got that gun I hope your ready to use it."

And at that moment I fully realized the gravity of the situation I was in. This could be the day I lose my life.











No comments:

Post a Comment