Thursday, October 4, 2012

Twirl Down Pt 1

Me and Muzen left the diner. His walk was hurried, I had to jog just to keep up with him. He stopped in the middle of the road and started digging through his coat. After a few seconds he pulled out a piece of chalk and started scribbling on the concrete.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to get a better look.

"I'm hiding us now stand back." he said while stepping back himself.

"One flash, two flash, three flash, four flash. Cover your eyes now!" he commanded with a finger pointed at me.

"What?"

Four consecutive flashes of light burst out of the ground. I slammed my eyes shut just in the nick of time

"AHH, what the hell was that!" I cried.

"A cloaking charm, this will hide us for awhile." he explained.

"Who are you even talking about."

"Just follow me."

We walked another block or so before we came up to a parked car. A very nice car to be exact. A jet black El Camino, only reason I knew so was because I collect model cars and this bad boy was my favorite.

"Muzen hold up, what's going I think I deserve to know"

Muzen turned and looked at me with such intensity. I took a few steps back.

"You've been Tagged."

"What do you mean tagged." I asked severely confused.

"When you're friend was taken you saw something that didn't want to be seen."

"For something that didn't want to be seen it surely did a piss poor job." I said with a chuckle.

"Explain."

"Well I turned around and there it was just standing being all creepy and such.'

"It's not like him to be so blatant, somethings wrong "

"So you know what that thing was!"

"It has many names but we call him the Slender-Man."

"Slender- Man, now I'm really confused."

"Just get in." he said while opening his door.

We got in and pulled off in a huff a smoke. I stared out of the window trying to piece together the events of the day. No matter how much I try to make sense of it I come up short. We soon reached the neighborhood I lived in. We drove past Sam's house. I wonder if his parents even know he's gone. My eyes began to water. What the hell was going?

"Which one is yours?" Muzen asked slowing the car almost to a halt.

"The one that's on FUCKING FIRE." I screamed.

I threw myself out of the car barely missing a mailbox. Firetrucks were parked from the top of the street all the way down. Onlookers stood nearby with hanging mouths and shaking heads. I ran towards the towering  inferno that once was my home.

A cop jumped in front of me and screamed, "Back up it's not safe here "

"I live here my parents are in there." I shouted trying to push pass him. This guy must be a fucking line backer.

"I understand that but you have to get back....."

A huge pillar of fire suddenly burst through the kitchen window, which happened to the same window we were standing by. The sheer force flung us into the street. My ears were ringing loudly, I couldn't even focus. My vision blurred, smoke burrowed up to the sky in a mad dance of flame and destruction.

"Let's go, GET UP." a voice called out. It was Muzen, he was running towards me. I tried to stand up but my leg felt broken. Muzen grabbed my arm, steadily screaming in my ear. I wanted to respond but my thoughts were miles away.All I could do is stare. I wanted to scream so I did just that.

I screamed to the heavens and cursed the gods for allowing such a thing to happen. I was normal, just a run of the mill 15 year old kid from the suburbs I never asked for this. I never even asked.


No comments:

Post a Comment