Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hour Of Decay

How did I get here. I mean I knew how I got here.But the events that led me here just don't make sense. Nothing makes sense anymore.

I've comprehended things pretty well so far. I get the jist of what I've been told. But, what's really going on? Why is this happening? What does it have to do with me?

I pondered these questions for quite awhile. I didn't care that I was in some otherworldly dimension. I didn't care that my leg was broken. I just wanted to go home.

Their was rustling in the woods next me. I turned my head to catch a glimpse of it. A thick fog had settled in which drastically reduced my vision eyesight.Whatever it was it was fast even if I could get away I'm pretty sure it would find me.

The rustling stopped.

A voice spoke but I couldn't understand the language. It was a soft voice. A woman's voice.

It spoke again in a more aggressive manner.

The fog cleared ever so slightly, just enough for me to see her. She was beautiful. I mean stunning. I know I said Tasha was cute but this girl was like a goddess. Her hair was black and ridiculously long. Even in the fog it glistened. Her skin was brown and fair without a blemish in sight. Then I noticed she had the same black markings on her face that Muzen did.

She started talking again but I just stared. Her eyes were the brightest green I'd ever seen.

She grabbed me and lifted me on my feet. As soon as my weight hit that leg I screamed in pain, but she didn't let go.

She stared at me such concern it made me blush. She put her hand on my leg and a familiar white light shone from it. Once again a loud crack echoed, my leg was fixed. Who was this girl. For that matter what was she.

"Better?"

I jumped back.

"You speak english?" Did she know what english was.

"No I speak the language of the Denil I just gave you the Gift Of Understanding."

"Thanks I guess, but who are the Denil."

"There are my people I'll take you to them,
 come it's not safe here."

She grabbed my hand and led me through the trees. Her grip was strong she was damn near dragging me along.

"What's your name?" she asked me.

"I'm Josh, what's yours?"

"They call me Si'La, it means strong in my language."

"Well Si'La I have a question." I pulled away from her grip.

"Before I go any further I need to know something, have you seen a girl with blonde hair anywhere around here she would of arrived right before I did. She was taken by some kind of monster."

"No I haven't seen any girl, but this monster you speak of could very well be a Neverbeast."

"That's the whole reason I'm here I need to find her."

"If she's been taken by a Neverbeast it's likely she's already dead."

Great just great. I've failed before I even tried. What did I expect to do anyway?

A thunderous boom ripped through the sky. A violent scream followed behind it.

"What the hell was that?"

"It's them the Lower Ones. We have to go....NOW!"

The Lower Ones?

She must be talking about the Fears.

We ran as fast as we could, three more explosions sounded each one closer than the last.

"There..were getting close." she said pointing ahead of us.

Above the tree line was the largest structure I'd ever seen. It was a building of some sort, it looked like a cathedral. It was made out of some kind of glowing rock that shined brightly against the otherwise dark and hazy sky, The roof was easily concealed inside the cloud cover.

Who ever was chasing us was right behind us. There footsteps were massive, the ground trembled beneath us.

We reached the end of the forest and the cathedral was about a football fields length away from us.

I turned around to try and get a glimpse of what was chasing us. I got more than I intended.

Towering above us was a mass of horror and metal. That screaming I heard was actually it's gears grinding together. It was literally gushing oil it was spilling from it like a waterfall. It was humanoid in shape and was ghastly to look at, and it was gaining.

"Oh my god." I cried out.

"Just keep running were almost there."

She held up her hand and it shined brightly.

The doors of the cathedral began to open.

Two men appeared in the doorway motioning us move faster. I'm not much of runner so making it this far was a blessing.

A dark shadow casted itself over us, I look up to see a hand ready scoop us up into it's cold metallic embrace.

I never really liked hugs.

Only a few more feet.

We dive bomb inside. I turn one last time to see it attempt to reach inside after us. A gust of wind blew past us and sent this thing flying shattering it into millions of pieces. But in a blink of an eye it reconfigured itself, let out a monstrous screech and retreated back into the forest.

The doors began closing behind us, so I was safe to fully freak the fuck out.

"What was that?" I screeched trying to catch my breath.

"One of the Lower Ones his name is Agru Bala the Living Clock."

I turn to see a older man approaching. He was dressed in a long white cloak that trailed behind him. His voice was deep yet calming, stern but welcoming. His hair was pitch black and braided

"Father."

This was her father.I can see the resemblance.

"What did it want."

"It wanted you."

"Me why me."

"You have something they want, something they need." added Si'La standing up.

Thats when I noticed everyone was looking at me. It had to be at least a half of million people in this one room alone.

"And......what would that be."

He extended his hand to me and lifted me up. He smiled a big smile and said "You be exhausted, all will be explained for now you rest."

He led me away. Si'La stayed behind watching me.

I didn't want to be alone.












No comments:

Post a Comment