Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Crucible

The search has officially gone into it's second hour, and still no sign of Muzen or his grandfather.

I don't know how much ground we've covered but if I had to take a guess it was at least a few miles.

We haven't said much of anything since we fought the Proxies, well they fought the Proxies, I just stood there like a jackass.

I had never seen anybody die before, and strangely enough it didn't effect me the way I thought it would. Maybe the shock of it all hasn't really registered yet.

We suddenly  came into a clearing the size of a football field. There was something weird about it for instance; it seemed like the grass had recently been cut, in several spots their were what looked like tree stumps but on closer inspection were in fact small metal platforms,

"What the hell are these." I questioned 

"No clue." said Ronny bending down to get a better look.

A troubled look came over Ronny's face.

"Sis you might want to see this." he said.

Tasha approached rather cautiously like she knew it was going to be bad news.

One glance and Tasha's expression change drastically. It was a mix of fear and confusion.

"What's wrong." I asked taking a look myself. 

On the platform was a red symbol. A circle with an X overlapping it.

"I don't get it."

"This a operator symbol its Slender-Man's insignia. Proxies use it to communicate with him." Ronny explained.

"Okay, so what's the problem."

"The problem isn't necessarily the symbol. The problem is what the symbol is on. This platform is what's called a Arch, a doorway."

"A doorway to where?"

Suddenly as if the Arch itself heard the question it began to shine with a brilliant white light . Ronny screamed in pain as his face was hovering directly over it. The Arch began to roar like a thousand lions. It was deafening. A warm liquid started to trickle down my cheek. My ears were bleeding. As soon as it started it stop. The light dissipated and standing on the platform was.....

"MUZEN!"

Smiles erupted on our faces but almost immediately vanished when we really looked at him. His clothes were torn to shreds and soaked in blood. His eyes were vacant. He seemed older even.Strange markings were etched all over his face.

"Muzen, what happened."

He didn't answer he just stood there.

"Muzen, answer us!" screamed Tasha trying to keep composure but obviously failing.

I started to walk toward him. I'm not going to lie I was scared. Horrified even, too much was happening at once.

"Dude please say something."

He let out a huge gasp and said,"They're coming." he stepped off the platform and sat down.

"Who's coming?" asked Ronny still rubbing eyes.

"The Fears...the whole lot of them." His voice sounded deeper.

"What, what do you mean all of them.?" Tasha screamed, all her composure was gone.

He sat quiet. The more I look at the more I notice how different he looks. His hair is longer and extremely wild. The beginnings of a five o clock shadow were appearing on face even with those strange markings it was pretty noticeable.

"That Arch leads to a place called the Crucible. It's sort of a common ground between the Fears. A meeting place where they congregate. They all were they're, every last one of them. The Dying Man, The Rake, hell even Rapture, thank god he was in his larval stage."

"But wait if they were all there why did Molly sense that The Rake was here." Ronny questioned.

"I don't know, I'm pretty sure it was a mistake on her part."

"Molly's never been wrong before."

"There's a first time for everything." Muzen grunted while standing up. He turned and faced me. His eyes pierce me like a spear.

"Muzen." Tasha said interrupting his gaze. "Where's Grandpa?"

Ronny's head whipped in Muzen's direction. He didn't say anything he just looked down. We all knew what it meant.

Tears flowed for a good while, it was quiet except for sniffles and sobbing. I felt bad for them, in a matter of a week there whole lives have changed.

It's all my fault.

I turned to walk away. One step and a jolt of pain shot through my leg. Molly's whatever must be wearing off.

"Josh."

That voice. No. No. No. I whip my head around to see nothing. My head begins to ache.

"Guys he's here."

"What are you talking about?" wondered Tasha.

"It's Purpose...he's here. He's HERE."

I look to see Muzen walking toward. He seems distorted, stretched and elongated. Abruptly the Arch bursts back to life. The roaring is even louder this time around. It cripples me, I drop instantly.

My visions blurring but what I see next makes my heart fall into my stomach. A face the size of a minivan creeps out of the Arch. All the skin had been removed and the eye sockets had smaller similar faces inside of them. The mouth was a gaping maw with it's jaw falling loosely to the ground.It roared adding to the complete bombardment of sound, my ears go out completely except for a distinct ringing.

What the hell is going on.

I look up to see a figure approaching the monstrosity. A small figure. A girl. It was Molly.

Muzen attempts to approach her but an unseen force sends him flying out of my vision. I don't see Ronny or Tasha either.

What was she doing here. How did she find us. Why isn't she affected by this.

I try to stand, the pain in my leg is getting worse. I make it to my feet only barely. I reach out my hand silently mouth Molly's name. I stumble forward, catching my balance I begin a small stride. The pain is unbearable at this point. I'm on the verge of passing out. But I can't. I won't let anyone else die. I just won't.

She extends are toward the monster. It stretches his mouth wide and completely consumes her. It begins to retreat into the Arch. No I won't let it have her.

I reach the platform.

I'm taken off of my feet and thrown forward. I see stars and planets. galaxies pass me by in an instant. In a flash I hit the ground.

I lay there staring at a blood red sky. Dead trees surround me. There are screams in the distant. Then it dawns on me.

I'm in Crucible.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment